The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) is a one-year program, full-time, moderated, supervised, organized, and controlled by Ahmedu Bello University, Zaria, for successful students to gain admission without writing JAMB. Almost all Nigerian Universities accept the IJMB certificate in 200 level
IJMB is a one-year long duration program for students with SSCE certificate (WAEC, NECO, GCE, IGCESE or NABTEB O’level) and is available for all interested candidates nationwide in Nigeria who also want to use awaiting results. Students from any part of Nigeria can apply and use the result at any university of their choice after the Program
In other words, IJMB is an advanced level programme like Cambridge A Level, and JUPEB that students can use to gain admission into 200L without having to study in 100L.
There are many locations where the IJMB program can be studied. There is a likelihood that a centre for IJMB is near you.
IJMB official website * IJMB Website * IJMB Portal * IJMB Registration Portal * IJMB Registration Form – Interim Joint Matriculation Board website for students portal registration and admission in centres in Nigeria including Ilorin, Lagos, PH, Abuja etc Gain admission into 200L through the program. IJMB registration website.
This is IJMB website you will find out all centres available and the closing date for the program at the IJMB registration portal
At the end of this great piece of article, you are going to what IJMB is all about, about IJMB Program, the meaning of the Interim Joint Matriculation Board, the Centres that are available, tuitions, breakdown, schools that accept, and other necessary links that will help you throughout the program if you re considering it, or you as a parent for your ward/child.
You will also learn the relationship between IJMB and JAMB, IJME and Direct Entry, the difference between Interim Joint Matriculation Board Exam and JUPEB, and IJMBE alternatives like Cambridge A-Level, Kwasu Diploma, and other A level programs in Nigeria.
Furthermore, in the course of this lengthy article, you will decide which of the programs you actually need, IJMBE or JUPEB, Cambridge or this ABU-controlled program that has been in existence since 1986.
IJMB Website & IJMBE Official Website
This is the IJMB website where you will be able to register for IJMB program, receive your syllabus and have access to centres across 17 states of the federation.
Lets’s dive in
About IJMB Registration, Interim Joint Matriculation Board Admission & Cut Off Points
Interim Joint Matriculation Board, Interim Joint Matriculation Board is one academic programme and in some centres (some Northern basic preliminary schools, do it for 18 months programme
Every year, hundreds of thousands of students have to endure the frustration of missing out on university admission. For many of those students, that failure has little to do with their performance at the yearly Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
A candidate could pass the UTME with flying colours and still miss out on admission. The latest figures from JAMB indicate that over 1.6 million candidates sat for the UTME. But only 30% are likely to get admission to a university of their choice.
Comparatively, the statistics for the number of candidates who are admitted to Universities through Interim Joint Matriculation Board dwarves the JAMB admission stats.
For instance, of the about 30,000+ IJMB applicants annually:
- There is a 93% pass rate
- 81% successful admission rate to a university
- 75% of those admitted get to read their first choice course
The gulf between students seeking admission in Nigerian tertiary institutions and the actual number admitted through the UTME would continue to grow in the coming years.
In other words, unless an alternative is found, many more candidates would keep seeing their dreams of becoming a university student crash.
For many years now, that alternative is the Interim Joint Matriculation Board and many students studying in universities today owe their good fortune to the comprehensive guidance they got through IJMB
How To Register For IJMB
- Before you make payment. See that you are interested in available IJMB centres today to avoid wasting your money.( https://ijmb.com.ng/registration-fees )
- Pay for your registration fee( http://tiny.cc/ijmbform )
- Fill out the form ( https://ijmb.com.ng/ijmb-registration )
- Confirm your email by clicking on the verification link sent to your email address.
- When you click on the confirmation link on your email inbox, you will be redirected to the page where you will select your centre and method of payment
- Do that (select your preferred study centre and method of payment, if you have paid select any other method except Online payment if you have not paid, select Online payment to pay with your ATM card via paystack.
- Then we will confirm your payment by activating your portal( for quick resolving, upload your payment evidence, screenshot, teller, are all accepted)
- After that, you will be redirected to fill out the parent/guardian form
- Then you will receive your admission letter in your email and will also be available on your IJMB portal to be downloaded and viewed anytime.
- Then within 2 weeks, pay your acceptance
- Then resume to your centre from 12th of July to commence lecture
11.When resuming bring along at least 50% of your centre fee
Interim Joint Matriculation Board Quick Links
You can as well see the IJMB closing date for the registration form
Read our IJMB frequently asked questions (questions being asked by parents, students by you concerning, fees, exam, lectures, admissions, results)
For IJMB Form, this is the application you fill out online to show interest that you want to go through the one-year academic session laid down in two-semester. You can have access to the IJMB form here. The form cost #8,500
What is IJMB Program?
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency of the old Northern Regional Government of Nigeria.
IJMB at inception had two basic functions: to provide social services and educational opportunities to people of the Northern region of the country. Now though, it has grown to encompass the whole country providing the best pathway to university education in the country.
Since the beginning, Interim Joint Matriculation Board has been moderated and coordinated by one of Nigeria’s premier tertiary universities, the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. The program also has coordinating bodies in various tertiary institutions around the country.
To make it accessible to as many Nigerians as possible, there are accredited IJMB centers across the country of which Interim Joint Matriculation Board is one of the foremost.
- 8 passports
- Ordinary Level result (O’level result)
- Awaiting O’level result is also acceptable
- And your time ( IJMB is a full-time program, and no you cannot write the Exam alone without attending lectures
- Inform your parents as they must give their blessings
- WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB are accepted into the programme
- Maximum of two sittings with 5 credits
- Medicine students should be aware that most universities will not accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery at the university
What IJMB Does Not Require?
- You do not need a written letter from your parents, their awareness and blessings is enough and of course be able to sponsor you
- You do not need state of origin certificate ( You need it when you want to gain admission into the university
- You do not need your pastor/Iman approval
- You do not need JAMB score
- You do not need Post UTME Score
The program is open to all Nigerians with the requisite ‘O’ Level qualifications. Candidates who are also awaiting their ‘O’ Level result are eligible to apply for the programme.
There are no restrictions in the categories of subjects in IJMB. Science, Arts and Social Science students are eligible to apply as long as they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
Candidates who enrol for the program are required to choose three ‘A’ Level subjects for the IJMB examination.
These subjects, one of which must be the English Language, should be related to the candidate’s intended course of study in the university.
Candidates are then expected to receive lectures at the study centres of their choice to prepare them for the exams.
That is why it is imperative for candidates to select the best study centres available to ensure they come out of the program with excellent results.
Duration of IJMB Program
Officially, IJMB is a 9 months program. Lectures start between March and April and run through to the whole year. The exams proper start sometime in January or the first week of February the following year.
It is a three weeks exams with the results expected to be released by the end of April.
At Interim Joint Matriculation Board, candidates are encouraged to enrol at the centre early as we believe getting excellent results are directly linked to early preparation.
For that reason, registration starts in November and end in April of the following year. Lectures are scheduled to start between March and April.
So it’s best to get the registration sorted out early so we can all get down to preparing for the examination without distractions.
IJMB ABU, Zaria
Interim Joint Matriculation Board, Zaria is the headquarters of everything IJMB from examination, and syllabus, to meetings, to marking of scripts and how the program will be run everywhere in Nigeria, IJMB ABU, Zaria is responsible, after approval from the Ministry of education.
IJMBE or IJMB What is the Meaning?
IJMBE means the IJMB exam. The “E” stands for the exam in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board program.
Why IJMB is important
It is now clear that the IJMB pathway is the best alternative to getting admission to Nigerian universities outside of the JAMB-organized UTME.
With IJMB, candidates are placed in a highly organized and structured environment to aid them to excel in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board examination.
Apart from that, going through Interim Joint Matriculation Board in an accredited study center like IJMB ensures that candidates are given a peep into how lectures and studies are done in a real university in Nigeria.
This is important as many new students find it hard to cope with the university environment after secondary school where everything is organized for the student.
Other reasons the Interim Joint Matriculation Board is the way to go include:
- It is recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC) as a program leading to an advanced level certification in the chosen subjects.
- Successful candidates gain admission to the university via Direct Entry. That means they get into 200 level, skipping the first year of university since the Interim Joint Matriculation Board program is equivalent to the first year of university.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board ‘A’ level result is recognized around the world as a valid ‘A’ Level certification.
- Unlike JAMB, successful IJMB candidates don’t have to repeat the examination. It is a lifetime certificate that would always remain valid to be used at any time in the future.
For students to have access to the portal, you have to register as a student, that is when you will be able to access the IJMB registration portal, where you can do everything related to IJMB including, contacting your coordinator, access to syllabus, timetable for your center, payment of acceptance fee, payment of school fees, see your entrance exam result, uploading your passport, and marking your resumption when you resume to your center.
How to use the IJMB Result to gain admission
The IJMB can be used to gain admission into the 200 level in any approved Nigerian University.
A candidate wishing to use to result to her admission into the University must follow these steps:
1. Visit the nearest JAMB office to get the Direct Entry (DE) form. Alternatively, you can visit the JAMB website and click on the DE link to get to the required portal.
2. Fill the form on the website or the hardcopy you bought from the JAMB office.
Make sure the details you provided match your IJMB result.
3. In the form, you have the option of choosing your preferred university (first option) and an alternate choice (second option). You are allowed to make up to six choices
The course you chose would be directly related to how well you perform in the IJMB examination. That is why it is important to choose a quality study centre.
A good IJMB study centre combined with hard work and diligent study would surely guarantee your Interim Joint Matriculation Board result would get you any course you desire.
(insert link): Check here to see the courses and points requirements for various universities
Universities that accept IJMB Candidates
While filling out the Direct Entry form, make sure your choice of university accepts IJMB results for entry into 200 level.
All the universities in Northern Nigeria accept students with IJMB result. In the south, over 75% of the universities, whether federal, state or private, accept successful Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates into various courses in the respective universities.
To see a comprehensive list of Universities that admit IJMB students and their point requirements.
However, even though the poll of Universities for Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates to choose from is wide, there are some universities that are considered the best vis-a-vis:
- The number of Interim Joint Matriculation Board intakes yearly
- The number of courses on offer for IJMB Programme candidates
The following are the list of some of the top federal and state universities that admit Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates:
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Benin, Benin City
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Delta State University, Abraka
- University of Abuja, FCT
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
IJMB Program: leading accredited IJMB Study Centres
IJMB has grown to become the leading Interim Joint Matriculation Board study center in the country. Since 2008, IJMB has been registering, admitting and training students for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board examination.
Intending Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates all over the country have made Interim Joint Matriculation Board their preferred study center due to an excellent pedigree and track record of service delivery.
No detail is too small to ensure that students at Interim Joint Matriculation Board get the best training obtainable anywhere in the country. See available centres and their fees in Nigeria
Why IJMB Programme?
1. IJMB way is a hands-on institution providing the best training for candidates preparing for the IJMB examination.
We make sure we guide you each step of the way from registration, intensive lectures, vigorous revision and guidance on how to select the best universities that match your educational and career ambition
2. The academic staff at Interim Joint Matriculation Board Exam is carefully selected from a pool of the very best and most experienced instructors who apply to join the team.
Screening of prospective academic staff is always done with an eye for what our students would benefit from both academically and morally for the 10-month program.
3. The support staff or non-academic faculty is a collection of experienced administrators whose first love is providing an optimal learning environment for students.
4. IJMB’s dedication to excellence is reflected in the standard facilities made available to students (whether in the sciences or arts) in all our study centers around the country.
5. Standard accommodation in a conducive environment is available to students who have to travel long distances from home.
6. Courteous customer relations staff that are willing and ready to answer all your queries at any time during our working hours.
Click here to speak to an Interim Joint Matriculation Board customer service staff now (insert a link to chatbox or phone number, contact page)
These are some of the reasons why students who had the benefit of the exceptional and unique IJMB approach give glowing testimonies after their study period.
IJMB study centres in Nigeria
To meet to challenges of a growing number of students who want to be part of IJMB’s success model, the management decided to open several centers around the country. See the currently available centres in Nigeria
This also serves to reduce the stress some candidates might encounter in traveling long distances to get the best IJMB study and training centre.
Fully functional IJMB centres managed by us are available in the following locations
- Ilorin centres
- Abuja centres
- Ondo centres
- Uyo centres
- Port Harcourt centres
- Ekiti centres
- Oshogbo centres
- Lagos centres
- Ibadan centres
- Ogun centres
- Imo centre
- Enugu centre
- Delta centres
- Ebonyi centre
- Edo centres
- Kogi centres
- Benue centre
- Anambra centres
- Niger centres
- Nasarawa centres
In some Northern states, you need to start with payment of #28,750) while in the Southern and western parts you can just first register first. The difference is because the procedure involved is required different.
How to register for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board
For candidates’ convenience, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board registration has been simplified. All our IJMB centers across the country can aid you with any registration issue you might encounter or with questions you need to be clarified.
That said, no matter your location, you can register for the program through our online portal.
IJMB online registration Form
To register for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board programme start your registration at IJMB registration portal
IJMB fees and payment schedule
The total IJMB fees payable to the Interim Joint Matriculation Board is between N168,000 and N258,000. The disparity exists depending on your chosen study center.
However, the standard fee at our Ilorin centre is N200,000 only. It covers everything for the duration of the program. It is broken down as follows
- School Fees: 150,000
- Hostel accommodation: 40,000 to 60,000
- Textbooks and other materials: 15,000 (this includes lab coats for science students)
It contains everything you need to know about areas of study and what is expected of you at the examination proper. Make sure you refer to it regularly during your time as an IJMB student.
After the acceptance fee, your syllabus will be available on the interim Joint Matriculation Board portal.
With the Interim Joint Matriculation Board program, we have made the payment of fees as painless as possible for those who can’t pay the whole fee at once.
You can pay the fees in three installments if this is your preferred payment option.
The first installment is N94,000 to #140,000 depending on your study center as some fees range from 168k to 258k as the total fee for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board program.
( While you are registering on the Interim Joint Matriculation Board portal you will be able to see each centre location, fees and what you need to pay if you are not paying #8,500 for the registration. Check IJMB tuition fee for each centres.
The balance of N80,000 can be paid in two installments. Have a discussion with the study center coordinator to agree on a mutually acceptable schedule for the payment of this balance.
Please take note that after payment of the complete fee, no other financial obligation is expected of you.
This is how to apply for the IJMB registration portal including requirements for Interim Joint Matriculation Board registration for ijmb centres registration Ilorin, Port Harcourt, Lagos, Anambra, Delta, Abuja etc.. Find also the IJMB registration deadline for the IJMB online registration.
Please familiarize yourself with IJMB Frequently Asked Questions, on the page we have answered many questions students and prospective candidates and parents do ask us, we have compiled them in a page and answered them as simple as possible for the understanding of everyone.
If you won’t read anything else, click here for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board FAQ then scroll down to begin the IJMB form It is important to go through the IJMB FAQ before you filled the below form or make any payments, this help you better in decision making concerning or not to go through the IJMB
If you have all the above information and are satisfied, you can scroll down to start your registration or click HERE to send us a WhatsApp message if you have a specific question or Click Here to call us
Warning, we do NOT USE any other bank, any other account number, Do not pay to any other bank and do not pay your registration fee to any other account number not related to IJMB as we will not take responsibility for any financial loss and fraud. Wrongful payment will result that you will repay the registration fee again.
Account Name: IJMB Alevel Registration Account Number: 0163836217 Bank: GTBANK: Amount: #8,500 or #9,000 with online transaction charge.
If you need our HEAD OFFICE address before you register, check our head office full address and why we do not send other centres address. See all available centres as of now in Nigeria
Fill out the form below if you are paying online, pay before you fill out the form below if you want to pay by transfer, POS or through USSD transfer. a confirmation link will be sent to your email address after filling this.
- Click the confirmation link, and you will be asked to select your preferred study center and make a payment, select your method of payment, and submit, then upload your payment evidence if you have already paid, or select an online payment method and pay immediately using your ATM details using paystack
- Then log in again if your payment has been confirmed, you will be redirected to fill the second stage of the form, where you will fill, Parents details, O’level and previous academic details etc.
- If you pay online, you will be automatically be redirected to fill the second stage. 5. Your admission letter is sent within 3 hours after payment is confirmed and if you pay online, it is sent automatically within minutes (ten minutes maximum). If you do not see it, please call on 08105087367 or send us a Whatsapp message.
- Do not start filing, if you have NOT paid, and if you want to pay online, you must have the registration fee in your bank account and your ATM around you
- Inform your parents before you start filling the below form and must have sought for their consent to run the IJMB program as fees are not refundable
IJMB Registration Portal Account Details (Gtbank Only)
We only associate with the below account details for official IJMB Registration. We do not associate or endorsed any other bank for registration into the IJMB program.
Account Name: IJMB Alevel Registration Account Number: 0163836217 Amount: #8500 only. Pay Registration online instead before you filed the form
Internet banking, mobile transfer, mobile transfer, bank deposit, POS are all acceptable for registration payment
Already registered? Sign In, already registered and paid to the bank? Upload your teller or screenshot of your transfer her
Start Your registration below after reading and understanding the Agreement You (student/guardian/Parents and we (IJMB Alevel Registration)
Fill The IJMB Form Academic Session
Candidates are advised to take note that IJMB does not entertain any request for a refund after payment of the fees.
So before paying the fees, be sure this is what you really want to do. If you have any doubts, the smart move is to have an honest discussion whith your parents, guardians or sponsors before making any payment to the Interim Joint Matriculation Board.
You or your sponsors are encouraged to contact us for further guidance on this issue.
Our helplines are always available any time you feel like contacting us. Use these means to contact us:
Email us at [email protected]
IJMBE Latest News Update and Info For Prospective and Students
- TRAVEL AND MIGRATION: High Paying Tech Skills/jobs in Canada, US and UK 2023
- WAEC 2nd Series 2023 Exam Timetable Download
- NECO 2023 Registration Update Comprehensive Instructions And Guidelines
- JAMB Cut Off Mark 2023 For Admission Into Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges Of Education
- How to Check 2023 JAMB Result Online or via SMS
- JAMB Result 2023: Check Your JAMB Result at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/CheckUTMEResultsJAMB
- 2023 UTME: JAMB announces date of release of the result
- JAMB 2023 Results: Result of JAMB 2023 Release
- Unilag Undergraduate 2023 Course Registration Procedures
- Canada Visa Sponsorship 2023 For Interested Travelers
- Jobs For UK Students 2023
- Apply: Recommended Scholarships In UK, US, Canada And Europe 2023
- How Much Is JAMB 2023 Registration
- When is JAMB Registration for 2023 Starting
- NECO Result 2023 is out on NECO official Website | www.result.neco.gov.ng
IJMB Frequently Asked Questions on Exam, Registration, Admission, Cenres And Closing Date
Is IJMB registration still on?
Yes, IJMB registration for 2022 is still ongoing. The registration is closing soon. Check our notification bar to see the closing date.
What is the deadline for IJMB registration?
IJMB form is closing on this week Friday, provided there is no extension by ABU, Zaria
Can I register for IJMB online?
Yes, IJMB registration is strictly online. You can simply register on our IJMB Portal.
Is IJMB form still out?
IJMB Form and IJMB registration are the same things, yes it’s still on. You can check our update bar for the closing date.
Can I still register for IJMB now?
Yes, as of today, you can still register for the IJMB for this academic session
How much is IJMB school fees in Unilorin?
Unilorin does not run IJMB, but there are about 4 IJMB centres in Ilorin, where you can do the program and use the result to gain admission into the University of Ilorin after your one year program.
How do I apply for IJMB?
To apply for IJMB, simply click on the “Student Register” button at the top right cornner and begin to fill the form. Make sure you read every instruction and understand the details. Inform your parent/guardian also before yous tart filling.
Is IJMB form out ?
Yes, the IJMB form is out for this academic session. Check the closing date
How much does the IJMB form cost?
The IJMB form cost #8,500 excluding the transaction charges. If you are making direct payment to the IJMB account details, it’s #8,500
Is the IJMB form still available?
Yes, the IJMB form is still available for the 2022 academic session.
Is IJMB registration Form out?
Yes, the IJMB form for this academic session is out.
How Much is IJMB fees
How to get IJMB Form
The IJMB form can be gotten online by filling the IJMB form on the IJMB portal registration and by making your registration fee of #8,500.
How To Apply For IJMB
This is how to apply for the IJMB Program 2022 in any of our accredited IJMB centres in Nigeria. This means if you want to know how to register for IJMB, the below steps will help you out.
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Make The IJMB Registration Payment
Pay your registration online by paying at https://flutterwave.com/pay/ijmb or pay directly to the account details
IJMB Alevel Registration
Fill the form after payment
Then click on the Registration portal to begin the fill of the form at https://ijmb.com.ng/ijmb-registration
Confirm Your Email Address
A confirmation link will be sent to you to your email, You need to click on the confirmation link
Select Your Centre After email confirmation
Once you click on the email confirmation link, you will be directed to where you will select your centre and method you have used to pay. Then click on Pay Fee button, of course you are not paying anything again since you have made your payment on the first step
Upload Your Payment Evidence
Snap the teller or the pos receipt or the screenshot of your transfer or the debit alert and upload by clicking on https://ijmb.com.ng/acceptance-fees/ if your payment evidence does not have teller, use your phone number as teller number.
Admin Will activate your profile
Your IJMB protal profile will be activated and you will be automatically be redirected to the page where to fill the second stage of the Form
Fill out The Second stage of the IJMBE Form
Now that your IJMB profile has been activated, once log in you will be at the page to fill out the parent/guardian form.
Your Admission Letter is sent within 30 minutes
After completing the form your admission letter will be sent to your email
Pay Acceptance fee Within 2 Weeks
You must pay your IJMB acceptance fee of #20,750 within 2 weeks of registration
Resume To your Centre After payment of acceptance fee
Resume to your IJMBE center with at least 50% of your centre fee. And make sure you click on Mark Resumption
Read! Read!! Read!!! And Attend Lectures
Attend lectures, do your assignment, do your test, write mock exam write final exam, apply to JAMB via Direct Entry and wait for your admission letter to the university you choose during your DE application.
Congratulatins, you are now in 200L thorugh IJMB
Estimated Cost: 8500 NGN
- Registration fee
- Ordinary Level Result (O’level)
- Internet connection
- Email Address
Materials: Internet enabled Device Paspport Money