IJMB official website – Interim Joint Matriculation Board website for students portal registration and admission in centres in Nigeria including Ilorin, Lagos, PH, Abuja etc Gain admission into 200L through the program. IJMB registration 2021 website.
IJMB official website for IJMB registration portal, Interim Joint Matriculation Board website, IJMB Form, IJMB Registration Portal, IJMB Hostel, IJMB Centres, IJMB website, Interim Joint Matriculation Board, official website, IJMB tuition fees, IJMB Admission, IJMB portal, IJMB online registration Portal, Where to obtain IJMB form, IJMB Form online & IJMB Requirement
Interim Joint Matriculation Board, Interim Joint Matriculation Board is one academic programme and in some centres (some Northern basic preliminary schools, do it for 18 months programme
Every year, hundreds of thousands of students have to endure the frustration of missing out on university admission. For many of those students, that failure has little to do with their performance at the yearly Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
A candidate could pass the UTME with flying colours and still miss out on admission. The latest figures from JAMB indicate that over 1.6 million candidates sat for the UTME. But only 30% are likely to get admission to a university of their choice.
Comparatively, the statistics for the number of candidates who are admitted to Universities through Interim Joint Matriculation Board dwarves the JAMB admission stats.
For instance, of the about 30,000+ IJMB applicants annually:
- There is a 93% pass rate
- 81% successful admission rate to a university
- 75% of those admitted get to read their first choice course
The gulf between students seeking for admission in Nigerian tertiary institutions and the actual number admitted through the UTME would continue to grow in the coming years.
In other words, unless an alternative is found, many more candidates would keep seeing their dreams of becoming a university student crash.
For many years now, that alternative is Interim Joint Matriculation Board and many students studying in universities today owe their good fortune to the comprehensive guidance they got through IJMB
How To Register For IJMB
0. Before you make payment. See that you are interested in available IJMB centres today to avoid wasting your money.( https://ijmb.com.ng/registration-fees )
1. Pay for your registration fee( http://tiny.cc/ijmbform )
2. Fill the form ( https://ijmb.com.ng/ijmb-registration )
3. Confirm your email by clicking on the verification link sent to your email address.
4. When you click on the confirmation link on your email inbox, you will be redirected to the page where you will select your centre and method of payment
5. Do that (select your preferred study centre and method of payment, if you have paid select any other method except Online payment if you have not paid, select Online payment to pay with your ATM card via paystack)
6. Then we will confirm your payment by activating your portal( for quick resolving, upload your payment evidence, screenshot, teller, are all accepted)
7. After that you will be redirected to fill the parent/guardian form
8. Then you will receive your admission letter to your email and will also be available on your IJMB portal to be downloaded and view anytime.
9. Then within 2 weeks, pay your acceptance
10. Then resume to your centre from 12th of July to commence lecture
11.When resuming bring along at least 50% of your centre fee
Interim Joint Matriculation Board Quick Links
You can as well see the IJMB closing date for the registration form
Read our IJMB frequently asked questions (questions being asked by parents, students by you concerning, fees, exam, lectures, admissions, results)
What is IJMB Program?
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency of the old Northern Regional Government of Nigeria.
IJMB at inception had two basic functions: to provide social services and educational opportunities to people of the Northern region of the country. Now though, it has grown to encompass the whole country providing the best pathway to university education in the country.
Since the beginning, Interim Joint Matriculation Board has been moderated and coordinated by one of Nigeria’s premier tertiary universities, the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. The program also has coordinating bodies in various tertiary institutions around the country.
To make it accessible to as many Nigerians as possible, there are accredited IJMB centres across the country of which Interim Joint Matriculation Board is one of the foremost.
- 8 passports
- Ordinary Level result (O’level result)
- Awaiting O’level result is also acceptable
- And your time ( IJMB is a full-time program, and no you cannot write the Exam alone without attending lectures
- Inform your parents as they must give their blessings
- WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB are accepted into the programme
- Maximum of two sittings with 5 credits
- Medicine students should be aware that most universities will not accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery at the university
What IJMB Does Not Require
- You do not need a written letter from your parents, their awareness and blessings is enough and of course be able to sponsor you
- You do not need state of origin certificate ( You need it when you want to gain admission into the university
- You do not need your pastor/Iman approval
- You do not need JAMB score
- You do not need Post UTME Score
The program is open to all Nigerians with the requisite ‘O’ Level qualifications. Candidates who are also awaiting their ‘O’ Level result are eligible to apply for the programme.
There are no restrictions in the categories of subjects in IJMB. Science, Arts and Social Science students are eligible to apply as long as they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
Candidates who enrol for the program are required to choose three ‘A’ Level subjects for the IJMB examination.
These subjects, one of which must be the English Language, should be related to the candidate’s intended course of study in the university.
Candidates are then expected to receive lectures at the study centres of their choice to prepare them for the exams.
That is why it is imperative for candidates to select the best study centres available to ensure they come out of the program with excellent results.
Duration of IJMB Program
Officially, IJMB is a 9 months program. Lectures start between March and April and run through to the whole year. The exams proper start sometime in January or the first week of February the following year.
It is a three weeks exams with the results expected to be released by the end of April.
At Interim Joint Matriculation Board, candidates are encouraged to enrol at the centre early as we believe getting excellent results are directly linked to early preparation.
For that reason, registration starts in November and end in April of the following year. Lectures are scheduled to start between March and April.
So it’s best to get the registration sorted out early so we can all get down to preparing for the examination without distractions.
Why IJMB is important
It is now clear that the IJMB pathway is the best alternative to getting admission to Nigerian universities outside of the JAMB-organized UTME. With IJMB, candidates are placed in a highly organized and structured environment to aid them to excel in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board examination.
Apart from that, going through Interim Joint Matriculation Board in an accredited study center like IJMB ensures that candidates are given a peep into how lectures and studies are done in a real university in Nigeria.
This is important as many new students find it hard to cope with the university environment after secondary school where everything is organized for the student.
Other reasons why Interim Joint Matriculation Board is the way to go include:
- It is recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC) as a program leading to an advanced level certification in the chosen subjects.
- Successful candidates gain admission to the university via Direct Entry. That means they get into 200 level, skipping the first year of university since the IJMB program is equivalent to the first year of university.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board ‘A’ level result is recognized around the world as a valid ‘A’ Level certification.
- Unlike JAMB, successful IJMB candidates don’t have to repeat the examination. It is a lifetime certificate that would always remain valid to be used at any time in the future.
How to use the IJMB Result to gain admission
The IJMB can be used to gain admission into the 200 level in any approved Nigerian University.
A candidate wishing to use to result to her admission into the University must follow these steps:
1. Visit the nearest JAMB office to get the Direct Entry (DE) form. Alternatively, you can visit the JAMB website and click on the DE link to get to the required portal.
2. Fill the form on the website or the hardcopy you bought from the JAMB office.
Make sure the details you provided match your IJMB result.
3. In the form, you have the option of choosing your preferred university (first option) and an alternate choice (second option). You are allowed to make up to six choices
The course you chose would be directly related to how well you perform in the IJMB examination. That is why it is important to choose a quality study center.
A good IJMB study center combined with hard work and diligent study would surely guarantee your Interim Joint Matriculation Board result would get you any course you desire.
(insert link): Check here to see the courses and points requirements for various universities
Universities that accept IJMB Candidates
While filling out the Direct Entry form, make sure your choice of university accepts IJMB result for entry into 200 level.
All the universities in Northern Nigeria accept students with IJMB result. In the south, over 75% of the universities, whether federal, state or private, accept successful Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates into various courses in the respective universities.
To see a comprehensive list of Universities that admit IJMB students and their point requirements.
However, even though the poll of Universities for Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates to choose from is wide, there are some universities that are considered the best vis-a-vis:
- The number of Interim Joint Matriculation Board intakes yearly
- The number of courses on offer for IJMB candidates
The following are the list of some of the top federal and state universities that admit Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates:
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Benin, Benin City
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Delta State University, Abraka
- University of Abuja, FCT
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
IJMB: leading accredited IJMB Study Centres
IJMB has grown to become the leading Interim Joint Matriculation Board study centre in the country. Since 2008, IJMB has been registering, admitting and training students for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board examination.
Intending Interim Joint Matriculation Board candidates all over the country have made Interim Joint Matriculation Board their preferred study center due to an excellent pedigree and track record of service delivery.
No detail is too small to ensure that students at Interim Joint Matriculation Board get the best training obtainable anywhere in the country. See available centres and their fees in Nigeria
Why IJMB Programme?
1. IJMB way is a hands-on institution providing the best training for candidates preparing for the IJMB examination.
We make sure we guide you each step of the way from registration, intensive lectures, vigorous revision and guidance on how to select the best universities that match your educational and career ambition
2. The academic staff at IJMB is carefully selected from a pool of the very best and experienced instructors who apply to join the team.
Screening of prospective academic staff is always done with an eye for what our students would benefit both academically and morally for the 10 months program.
3. The support staff or non-academic faculty is a collection of experienced administrators whose first love is providing an optimal learning environment for students.
4. IJMB’s dedication to excellence is reflected in the standa;rd facilities made available to students (whether in the sciences or arts) in all our study centers around the country.
5. Standard accommodation in a conducive environment is available to students who have to travel long distances from home.
6. Courteous customer relation staff that are willing and ready to answer all your queries at any time during our working hours.
Click here to speak to an IJMB customer service staff now (insert link to chat box or phone number, contact page)
These are some of the reasons why students who had the benefit of the exceptional and unique IJMB approach give glowing testimonies after their study period.
IJMB study centres in Nigeria
To meet to challenges of growing number of students who want to be part of IJMB’s success model, the management decided to open several centers around the country.
This also serves to reduce the stress some candidates might encounter in travelling long distances to get the best IJMB study and training centre.
Fully functional IJMB centres managed by us are available in the following locations
- Ilorin centres
- Abuja centres
- Ondo centres
- Uyo centres
- Port Harcourt centres
- Ekiti centres
- Oshogbo centres
- Lagos centres
- Ibadan centres
- Ogun centres
- Imo centre
- Enugu centre
- Delta centres
- Ebonyi centre
- Edo centres
- Kogi centres
- Benue centre
- Anambra centres
- Niger centres
- Nasarawa centres
In some Northern states, you need to start with a payment of #28,750) while in the Southern and western part you can just first register first. The difference is because the procedure involved is required different.
How to register for Interim Joint Matriculation Board
For candidates’ convenience, the Interim Joint Matriculation Board registration has been simplified. All our IJMB centers across the country can aid you with any registration issue you might encounter or with questions you need to be clarified.
That said, no matter your location, you can register for the program through our online portal.
IJMB online registration Form
To register for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board programme start your registration at IJMB registration portal
IJMB fees and payment schedule
The total IJMB fees payable to Interim Joint Matriculation Board is between N168,000 and N258,000. The disparity exists depending on your chosen study centre.
However, the standard fee at our Ilorin centre is N168,000 only. It covers everything for the duration of the program. It is broken down as follows
- School Fees: 150,000
- Hostel accommodation: 18,000
- Textbooks and other materials: 15,000 (this includes lab coats for science students)
It contains everything you need to know about areas of study and what is expected of you at the examination proper. Make sure you refer to it regularly during your time as an IJMB student.
After acceptance fee, your syllabus will be available on theInterim Joint Matriculation Board portal
With Interim Joint Matriculation Board programme, we have made the payment of fees as painless as possible for those who can’t pay the whole fees at once.
You can pay the fees in three instalments if this is your preferred payment option.
The first instalment is N94,000 to #140,000 depending on your study centre as some fees range from 168k to 258k as total fee for Interim Joint Matriculation Board programme. ( While you are registering on the Interim Joint Matriculation Board portal you will be able to see each centre location, fees and what you need to pay if you are not paying #8,500 for the registration. Check IJMB tuition fee for each centres
The balance of N80,000 can be paid in two installments. Have a discussion with the study center coordinator to agree on a mutually acceptable schedule for the payment of this balance.
Please take note that after payment of the complete fee, no other financial obligation is expected of you.
Candidates are advised to take note that IJMB does not entertain any request for a refund after payment of the fees.
So before paying the fees, be sure this is what you really want to do. If you have any doubts, the smart move is to have an honest discussion with your parents, guardians or sponsors before making any payment to Interim Joint Matriculation Board.
You or your sponsors are encouraged to contact us for further guidance on this issue.
Our helplines are always available any time you feel like contacting us. Use these means to contact us:
8 AM to 9 PM daily except Sundays Lines: Call Whatsapp 08105087367 Call or text 08111357171
Email us at [email protected]
You can also visit any of our study centers in the country for face to face consultation. This would be an excellent opportunity to have a look at our excellent facilities before making up your mind.