Westerwelle Young Founders Programme – Autumn 2022 for young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing countries (Fully funded to Berlin Germany)
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) holds an annual fellowship of 6 months for 25 leaders uplifting emerging markets towards a sustainable future.
In the following programme plans, Westerwelle will provide targeted support and development of the entrepreneurial abilities of its founders.
Requirements includes You have just started your own company in five years with an intention to develop emerging markets in your own right.
Your firm is developing a scalable business plan which has ideally generated revenues or secured initial external financing.
Westerwelle Young Founders Program Autumn
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organisation: Westerwelle Foundation
- Country to study: Germany
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 9, 2022
The Young Founders Programme is a 6-month program that is designed for new entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
It connects leaders across the globe who are united in their quest to be the best in business.
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding is a non-profit foundation located within Berlin, Germany.
Our goal is to provide equality for all people by empowering emerging markets with an empowered entrepreneurial spirit.
About Westerwelle Foundation
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding is a non-profit foundation based within Berlin, Germany.
Our aim is to create equal opportunities for everyone by helping to improve the performance of emerging markets by empowering entrepreneurs.
Aim and Benefits of Westerwelle Young Founders Program Autumn
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month program with 25 entrepreneurs who will help propel market opportunities in emerging or developing economies toward the future that is sustainable.
We provide specialized support to grow our founders’ businesses and help them improve their leadership capabilities through the following program strategy:
- The Kick-Off conference Two-day digital kick-off conference will be held during the first week of September 2022.
- Remote Program: From September 2022 through February 2023, Young Founders will receive six months of support , including an individual mentor weekly peer mentoring sessions, monthly workshops with experts as well as networking with investors and corporations.
- Berlin Conference: The 10 most successful young Founders get invited for attend a five-day conference in the month of Mai 2023. At this conference, founders will be able to pitch their idea to investors, attend workshops, attend networking events, and gain insights into the German startup scene.
The cost of travel and accommodation during participants in the Young Founders Conference will be provided with the help of The Westerwelle Foundation.
All fellows are required to actively take part during this Young Founders Conference as well as participating in the regular coaching calls.
Requirements for Westerwelle Young Founders Program Autumn Qualification
We are seeking entrepreneurs with a high chance of growth and impact to be leaders in the future that is sustainable, and meet the following requirements:
- You recently (in the past five years) created a profit-making company with a focus on emerging or developing markets.
- Your business is able to scale its strategy for business that earned income or secured its initial round of funding from outside;
- Your company or you possess disruptive characteristics that could enhance the effectiveness, impact, or affluence of the business;
- You have a strong understanding of English;
- You can take part in the online launch event and you are free to take part in the programme activities during the course of six months.
How to Apply for Westerwelle Young Founders Program
Are you interested and certified? Go to
Westerwelle Foundation on forms.zohopublic.eu
The following form will allow the Programme Team with an understanding of your business and your profil. The following essential components ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Financial basics (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile or CV
With these in hand The application will take around 20 minutes. Only completed applications will be evaluated.
Deadline for applications 8th August at 11:59 CEST.
Interviews with candidates who have been shortlisted The dates are August 22-27, 2022.
Notification to all applicants until 30 August 2022
If you have additional questions, sign up to our info session
Or on the 02/08/2022:
For information about our other programs and opportunities, you can check out our various social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
We are looking forward to learning more about you!