Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship 2022
As part of the Press Fellowship program, a number of journalists will have the opportunity to investigate topics such as biodiversity loss, deforestation, as well as sustainable development in the middle of the Amazon.
Just three weeks before COP27 and two months before the Biodiversity Conference in December, the trip will take place on October 17, 2022, during Brazil’s presidential election.
The Fellowship is named after the late Dr. Thomas Lovejoy, who was a well-known ecologist and Senior Fellow for the United Nations Foundation. Dr. Lovejoy is credited with being the first person to bring the concept of “biodiversity” to widespread attention.
Ten journalists will fly to the Brazilian city of Manaus before heading to an isolated research station in the Amazon known as Camp 41 for a stay of three days. While there, they will get the option to go on guided tours of the rainforest that covers the most area on Earth.
Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship 2022: Aim and Benefits
• The cost of the participants’ one-way flights, visa fees, hotels, and local transit within Brazil, as well as the majority of their meals, will be paid for.
• There is a possibility that you may be reimbursed for additional costs that you incurred during the trip.
Hosting University/Company: United Nations Foundation
Degree level: Not specified
Scholarship coverage: Not specified
Eligible Nationality: All Countries
Scholarship country: Brazil
Deadline: September 22, 2022.
Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship 2022 Requirements
• Participation is open to journalists who have an interest in reporting on topics related to climate change, environmental sustainability, biological research, and environmental challenges, such as biodiversity, deforestation, agricultural production, nature-based climate solutions, and land use.
• Journalists from any and all nations are encouraged to submit applications.
• Within the following six months after the completion of the fellowship, the participating journalists will be asked to write between two and four pieces on the issues that were discussed.
How to apply for Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship 2022
Are you interested, and do you qualify? Apply online by going to nfoundation.org and selecting “United Nations Foundation.”
Go to the United Nations website for more information.
Suggested: Bill Gates Academic Scholarship