IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training 2022
Renewable Energy Training is the collaboration between the IFAD Agrihub project and Palm Tree Technology Services, Nigeria.
The IFAD Agrihub projects primarily aim to train the unemployed youth in Nigeria. Through several initiatives, it seeks to improve rural youth’s livelihoods.
Agrihub is operating as a comprehensive program to provide opportunities for low-income individuals.
IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training 2022 Summary
- Host: IFAD Agrihub Nigeria
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- Deadline: August 8, 2022
IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training For Young Agripreneurs
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project on Food Processing and Packaging Training focuses on the development of the capabilities of jobless Nigerian students and future agripreneurs to make themselves self-employed and find jobs in the field of agriculture.
Through its many initiatives, the project seeks to improve the lives of young people in the rural economy.
Agrihub will operate an inclusive model that offers opportunities to those with low levels of education.
IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training Details:
The desired outcome of instruction is:
- To reduce food waste To prevent food waste, young people must be educated in handling postharvest food items processing, packing, and processing as one of the objectives for the IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project.
- The training is conducted in conjunction in collaboration with Cato Food, Iwo, Osun State. The program offers a course for young people (male or female) to gain knowledge about the handling of food items after harvest, their processing and packaging.
- The course includes classroom instruction as well as hands-on instruction in the field, as well as experiences that could result in employment opportunities or the start of their own food processing manufacturing facility.
IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training Requirements:
To be considered for training, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The beneficiaries should be young people between 18 and 29.
- Youth should be interested in the agricultural sector, particularly food processing and the value chain.
- The applicant must not be employed at the time of application.
- The applicants must have at least an upper secondary or junior school certificate and must be proficient in English or their local language.
- The applicants who live within Iwo, Ileogbo, Oluponna, Kuta and environs will be given priority.
- The applicant must be able to access a mobile phone that is functional.
- Participants must be mentally and physically capable of participating in the various aspects of the training. Candidates with specific handicaps are also welcome to apply. But, this needs to be made clear at the time of application.
- Candidates must be prepared to commit for three months to the program for three months.
- The applicants must be willing to complete an internship at relevant food processing firms.
Females are invited to submit an application…
IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training Reward
The program comprises;
- Classroom teaching
- Learning in the field through hands-on experience hands-on learning in the field
- Internships can be a pathway to employment or even establishing their own food processing factory
How To Apply For IITA/IFAD Food Processing and Packaging Training
Method of Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified must complete the application form following the link.
The event is scheduled to begin within Iwo, Osun State.