The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022-23 is one of several thematic fellowship programs geared toward middle-career professional workers in low to medium-income nations. The program’s themes are girls education.
This highly funded international fellowship aimed specifically at mid-career professionals is intended to train such people with the necessary expertise within their respective fields to be successful at their jobs.
As described below, mid-career professionals need to have a specific interest in girls education and work in these areas.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Summary
- Host: Commonwealth, UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- £2,197 per month
- £973 Relocation Stipends
- Airfare Ticket
- Visa fees
- Deadline: Not Specified
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022
Professional fellowships are currently being offered by the Commonwealth to competent applicants from developing nations.
The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide professional researchers with a fully financed opportunity, including a £2,197 monthly salary and round-trip travel from the fellow’s home country to the UK.
Successful applicants will additionally get the usual visa application fee, as well as an arrival allowance of up to £972.59
Suggested Monash University Opens Application For Academic Scholarship
Scholarship Requirements:To be considered for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
Suggested Apply For 2022 UNICAF Post Graduate Scholarship Program
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Duration and Reward
- Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels)
- If a fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information
- Arrival allowance of up to £972.59 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Clean Energy, Air and Oceans programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organisations)
- A maximum of £3,000 per fellow can be agreed by host organisations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the programme. Host organisations should bear in mind the restrictions set out in our guidance on claimable costs.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Required Documents
In the application form, prospective fellows will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained (where applicable)
- List up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Provide details of your employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme you wish to undertake in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- Provide a statement on the relevance of your previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
How To Apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from 22nd February 2023.
To apply, kindly click on the button below to visit the online application system and submit your application for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships.