Do you like to build things with your hands and work on exciting construction projects? Becoming a labourer could be the ideal career path for you! As a construction labourer, no two days on the job are ever the same. You get to help create impressive new structures that shape our communities.
Labourers play a crucial role at construction sites across Canada. They provide support on all types of projects from roads and bridges to houses and highrises. Duties can include preparing work areas, loading materials, cleaning up sites, assisting tradespeople, and more. It’s hands-on, in-the-field work that keeps you active and avoids sitting at a desk.
The best part is you can earn over $900 per week as a labourer once you gain some solid experience. That translates into $45,000 or more per year! While you do need on-site training, you can get certified fairly quickly to start your new career. With tons of construction underway in Canada, skilled labourers are in high demand everywhere from big cities to small towns.
Labourers get to be part of literally building our communities from the ground up. You’ll find a new challenge to tackle each day alongside fellow hardworking tradespeople. Your talents and efforts help create the structures where we live, work, and play. At the end of the day, you can feel proud of the real impact your work makes.
If you want an hands-on career that keeps you active and earning a great wage, becoming a construction labourer may be perfect for you.
Here is a list of some openings you should consider;
Warehouse Associate – Nights
Pay from $32 to $36 per hour – That’s up to $80,000 – $90,000 per year with bonuses!
3333 James Snow Parkway North, Milton, ON L9T 8L1
Uline: Where hard work and hustle are valued and rewarded.
Hours: Sunday – Thursday, 9 PM to 5:30 AM.
- Work independently to contribute to Uline’s overnight / night inbound warehouse operations.
- Progress in your warehouse career to increasingly more independent and advanced roles.
- Receive, check-in and put away overnight / night stock quickly and accurately.
- Replenish overnight / night picking locations and unload trailers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive warehouse environment.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 50 lbs, and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Company-paid extended health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision after only 30 days.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match, eligible after 30 days.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- On-site café and outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is North America’s leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We’re a family-owned company known for incredible service, quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 9,000 employees across 13 locations, it’s time you joined Uline.
You May Also Like: Pet Store Salesperson Jobs in Canada: Earn Up to $3000!
Warehouse Associate – Loader/Unloader
Cintas is seeking a Warehouse Associate – Loader/Unloader to support the Rental Division. Loader/Unloaders are responsible for driving company trucks to designated areas in the facility for unloading of soiled products.
Loader/Unloaders then load clean uniforms, floor mats and additional customer products onto trucks based on customer routes designated for each truck.
Loader/Unloaders are expected to maintain the cleanliness of their work area and to meet or exceed a standard for quantity and quality of products loaded and unloaded.
Job Expectations and Eligibility Factors:
- Must adhere to attendance policy.
- Must be willing to work in a safe proximity to other people for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment where there are time pressures to complete work quickly.
- Must be comfortable with exposure to hot or cold temperatures and exposure to the elements.
- Must be willing to handle materials that are soiled or have pungent odors, with appropriate protective equipment.
Physical Qualifications, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Requires standing for most of shift.
- Requires stretching, bending, squatting, stooping, turning, or reaching to accomplish work activities.
- Requires physical activity, including lifting or moving materials, for most of shift.
Attributes of a Great Employee-Partner:
- Attention To Detail: Is thorough and careful about detail when completing work tasks or correcting flaws or mistakes.
- Work Ethic / Effort: Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; is hard working and dependable; prioritizes tasks properly to meet deadlines.
- Integrity / Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner; is trustworthy.
- Interpersonal Skills: Is pleasant with others on the job and displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude; is respectful, courteous, and polite towards others.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Works with others to achieve goals; supports team decisions.
- Safety Orientation: Is committed to complying with safety rules and guidelines.
- Stress Tolerance/Resilience: Deals calmly and effectively with high stress or high pressure situations; recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Customer Focus: Identifies and meets the needs of internal and external customers.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Is open to change and to variety in the workplace; is able to switch between tasks or priorities quickly.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
The full selection process may include the following components:
- Application and resume review
- Job Tryout
This is not an offer of employment. The tryout provides a realistic job preview to better understand the work environment, the work activities, and the performance expectations. Candidates will be compensated for their time during the job tryout.
Not all applicants will progress through the entire selection process; only those applicants identified as most qualified for the job will be invited to the next step in the process.
Their employee-partners enjoy:
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly Pay Cheques
- RRSP and DPSP Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities
You May Also Like: Canada’s Top Paying Car Mechanic Jobs: Apply Now!
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of both the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index and Nasdaq-100 Index.
Cintas Corporation helps more than 900,000 businesses of all types and sizes get READY™ to open their doors with confidence every day by providing a wide range of products and services that enhance our customers’ image and help keep their facilities and employees clean, safe and looking their best.
With products and services including uniforms, mats, mops, restroom supplies, first aid and safety products, fire extinguishers and testing, and safety and compliance training, Cintas helps customers get Ready for the Workday®.
To support our growth across North America, we’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to move up within our company. Our professional culture, our dedication to our employee-partners and limitless career opportunities—these are just a few benefits we’re proud to offer.
Our employee-partners know every job is critical, and that teamwork drives innovation. Let’s talk about how you’ll fit into our team and how your hard work will be recognized through competitive pay, world-class benefits and ongoing career development. Are you Ready™ for limitless opportunities at Cintas?
In accordance with applicable laws (including human rights and accessibility legislation), accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
Job Category: Production Hourly
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
You May Also Like: Hit the Road to Success: Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Warehouse/Yardman at Varsteel LTD
- Lethbridge, AB
- Salary $21.74 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- Parking available