What Are The Required Points To Gain Admission Into University Of Ilorin With IJMB?
IJMB Unilorin Information And About The Registration
For candidates who are interested in gaining admission into Unilorin with IJMB and want to know the requirement for each course from Sciences, to Social sciences and Art. This post will help you prepared and for those who about to apply for IJMB, this information will help you in making the right decision what course to study or apply for after being through with the programme at our IJMB Ilorin centre and for those who wants to
see if our IJMB Ilorin centre is ready ( can always view the page for update.
Note: These points listed for each courses is and departments or faculty at University of Ilorin (Unilorin as fondly called) is NOT finite. IJMB students can help themselves by reading harder while is on the programme. We have students who used 5 IJMB points to gain admission into faculty of Physical Sciences, department of mathematics while the standard points for that department is 8 IJMB points. So this is just a guidance for students. With you also gaining admission into Unilorin with IJMB, that means you are starting your undergraduate programme from 200 level at the university of Ilorin
Candidates should have it at the back of their mind that, the higher their points for a course, the hihger the chances for gaining admission as each university have their quota for those who want to gain admission through JAMB, through Preliminary studies (Remedial programme) and Direct Entry (D.E) in which IJMB students fall in.
University Of Ilorin Requirement For IJMB Students Admission
1. UNILORIN Accepts (5-9) points for any science, paramedical, administrative course
5. Seven (7) points and above for Social Sciences/Administrative Courses
6. Five (5) points and above for Religious Studies, Languages, and most of the Courses in Arts Faculty and Agriculture
REQUIREMENT FOR DIRECT ENTRY STUDENTS (A/level, OND, NCE, IJMB)
1. In maximum of two sittings, candidates should have passes at the
Principal or A/L with GCE O/L equivalent passes (credited)
2. Three passes at the Principal or Advanced Level with GCE. O’ Level approved equivalent credit passes in two
other subjects at not more than two sittings; (Passes at the Principal or Advanced Level may be obtained at the G.C.E. A’ Level, HSC.
3. Passes in two recognised NCE subjects with G.C.E. O’ Level credits equivalent in three other subjects. Education is accepted as a third Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
4. Candidates who successfully pass the final examination of the following Institutions shall also be considered eligible for admission.
1. The International Baccalaureate obtained from accredited Institution with relevant grading.
2. National Diploma from Polytechnics or
Colleges of Technology-only applicable to
some faculties (See table on special Faculty requirements).
3. The Defence Academy Certificate as
moderated by the University of Ibadan.
Other conditions to note:
1. No subjects may be counted at both O’ and A’ Levels.
2. General Paper at HSC or in any other examination will not be accepted as a substitute for English Language.