Youth Led Skill Accelerator Challenge 2022 is a program organized by Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions to support a just transition towards environmentally sustainable economies and societies for all.
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recognize the leadership that young people have demonstrated in the fight against climate change and their key role in driving climate innovation, including amid the COVID-19 induced jobs crisis.
To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the two organizations have designed the “Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call”, with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
- Host Country: unspecified
- Host company: Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
- Reward:$100,000 for the winners
- Application: now open
- Deadline: August 12, 2022
Requirement for Youth Led Skill Accelerator Challenge 2022
- This program is not for individual entities rather it is for people who are in an organisation
- Any youth led organization must register with the host company for them to he considered.
- Your ideas and solution will be accepted at any stage of development.
- You can either be a single organization or collaborative
Benefits of Youth Led Skill Accelerator Challenge 2022
Up to 10 finalists will receive mentoring and training for a period of one week to improve their projects. Following the period, 3 winners will be selected at the online pitch event and receive the following support:
- The top three persons with the best idea will be given $50,000, $30,000 and $20,000 to start the solution they provided
Participation in the Innovation Lab: Through boot camps and remote mentoring, the winning proposals will receive technical support to turn, refine, develop, and pilot their ideas. The duration of the lab is between three and six months, depending on the stage of development of the solution.
The winning proposals will receive support to raise awareness of their ideas and solutions, including an invitation to attend COP 27, where they will present their projects; press articles in the media, videos, among others.
The winners and shortlisted entries will join the ILO Skills Innovation Network. They will be updated on the latest advances in innovation and skills development and get access to tools, resources and knowledge-sharing events that they can use to build new ideas and solutions.
How to apply for Youth Led Skill Accelerator Challenge 2022
1st Application round
- Review the eligibility criteria for participation in the call, selection criteria for assessments, and the Terms and Conditions applicable to ILO Implementation Agreements specified in this Participants’ Guidelines.
- Fill in the Application Form (English) (Arabic) and submit by no later than 12 August 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
Before preparing the application form, please look at the list of Application Questions (English) (Arabic). We recommend preparing your application information and answers first using this list, as the online application form does not allow you to save an application before the submission. Also, please prepare a budget estimate using the Budget Template (English) (Arabic) and submit it on the Application Form.
Applications can be submitted in English or Arabic. Only the selected applicants for the 2nd application round will be contacted. No fee is required to participate in the Call for Proposals. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2nd Application round
- If your proposal is among the top 10 applications submitted, the lead applicant will be requested to submit an extended project proposal.
- The successful finalists must be available to attend the online mentoring training session (20 October-3 November 2022) and the online final pitch event (7 November 2022).