US Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships
Application is open for Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships at ACS Green Chemistry Institute in USA.
They are seeking high-potential students to apply for its International Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships in the USA. The programme is open for the academic year 2022-2023.See similar Scholarship opportunity here.
Each year, the ACS Green Chemistry Institute (ACS GCI) awards one or more Dr. Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships. The award sponsors the participation of a young international green chemistry scholar in a green chemistry technical meeting, conference or training program.
The amount of the award is based on the estimated cost of travel, accommodation, and fees associated with the event, up to $2,000. If two Breen Fellowships are given in any one year, one of the awards will be given to an undergraduate student and the other award to a graduate or postgraduate student.
Eligibility Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships
- All nationalities are allowed to apply.
- The fellowships will be awarded in Green Chemistry offered by the university.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A young international scholar is defined as an undergraduate student and above but below the level of Assistant Professor and within the first seven years of a professional career.
- Applicants residing both within the U.S. and internationally are eligible for this award.
- The travel must be to a green chemistry technical meeting, conference, or training program. Students should consider attending the Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference.
- Award funds cannot be used to participate in the ACS Summer School on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Energy.
- The applicant must demonstrate research or educational interest in green chemistry. Green chemistry is the discovery and design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substances.
Benefits of Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships
The ACS Green Chemistry Institute will receive an award based on the estimated cost of travel, accommodation, and fees associated with the event, up to $2,000. If two Breen Fellowships are given in any year, one of the awards will be given to an undergraduate student and the other to a graduate or postgraduate student.
Summary of Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships
Scholarship Name: Breen Memorial Fellowships
Hosting University: ACS Green Chemistry Institute
Degree level:Undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate
Scholarship coverage:partial funded
Type of Scholarship: Followship
Eligible Nationality: International
Scholarship country: US
Access Mode: Online
Deadline Date : 05-10-2022.
How to Apply Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships
To apply for Joseph Breen Memorial Fellowships at the ACS Green Chemistry Institute, click here or follow below the following procedures
- Applicants applications must be a single PDF file send to [email protected]
- with “Breen Fellowship Application [applicant’s last name]” in the subject line and no longer than six, 8½-by-11-inch pages, written in a font no smaller than 11 points, with margins of at least 1 inch
- Supporting Documents for this Application include the following,
- Cover page (no more than one page) including:-
- Applicant’s name, department, institution (or company), and field of study.
- Name of applicant’s faculty advisor (or supervisor) and contact information.
- Name, date, and location of the conference or meeting the applicant is requesting funding to attend.
- Estimated budget for travel expenses, up to $2,000 (including conference registration fees, travel, and accommodations) to participate in the meeting. The award will be mailed as a reimbursement check after the conference. Meals/food is not a reimbursable expense.
- Essay (no more than one page):- by the applicant concerning their interest in green chemistry, including any previous experience with the field, how they will benefit from participation in the selected conference, and why they should be chosen to receive the award.
- A curriculum vita or résumé no more than two pages in length, including:
- Applicant’s name, department, institution (or company), and faculty advisor (or supervisor).
- Applicant’s mailing address, telephone, and email.