UON 2022 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is more than just a fellowship but an opportunity to learn most and also work with ERC Starting Grant project Dissecting the paradox of stasis in evolutionary biology (ROCKS- PARADOX) awarded to Kjetil Lysne Voje.
This project a big and it is highly collaborative and includes both the local and International fellows.
- Host country: Norway
- Host Company: University of Oslo
- Reward: Partial Funding, NOK 483 700 ‘ 560 700 per year
- Eligible: International and Local students are eligible
- Application: Now Open
- Deadline: August 10, 2022
The Voje lab seeks to understand the processes that govern phenotypic evolution along the timescale continuum. Our research uses a wide variety of taxa and we combine empirical work and methods development to obtain a deeper understanding of the connection between microevolutionary processes and the associated evolutionary change that may occur on longer timescales.
The position will be affiliated with The Evolution and Paleobiology Group (EPA) at the Natural History Museum in Oslo.
EPA is a highly active research group consisting of PhD students, post docs, and permanent staff and provides an excellent scientific and social environment for the candidate.
The paradox of stasis refers to the contrasting observations of phenotypic evolution on short and long timescales; rapid evolution is commonly observed across a few generations in living populations while the fossil record often indicates that species remain more or less unchanged for millions of years.
The overarching goal of the ROCKS-PARADOX project is to provide a deeper understanding of evolutionary trait dynamics on timescales in between micro- and macroevolution.
We should also have it in mind that this fellowship is only partially funded.
Requirements for UON 2022 Postdoctoral Research fellowship in Evolutionary Biology
For you to be fully qualified for this fellowship, you should meet up with this requirements then you can apply.
- When it comes to academic performance, candidates are expected to be one of the students in the class.
- Anybody that wish to apply should hold a PhD degree that is equivalent to Norwegian Doctoral Degree.
- A bigger consideration will be given to students who have a good knowledge about evolutionary biology.
- For you to be fully qualified, you are expected to work closely with the rest of the project team.
- The selected applicant will stay at the collaborating institutions in France for at least the first year.
- The applicant must be highly motivated towards their research.
- Experience with lab work, data analysis and in handling pedigree and quantitative genetics data is considered.
Benefit of UON 2022 Postdoctoral Research fellowship
The first thing you will know is that they will be a yearly payment of NOK 483 700 ‘ 560 700.
Also have in mind that this Scholarship is not a fully funded Scholarship, so you will only be paid half while you complete the rest for yourself.
How to Apply for UON 2022 Postdoctoral Research fellowship in Evolutionary Biology
You have gotten to the application centre, here are some documents you need to include in your application.
- A cover letter that includes a statement of motivation and a summary of scientific background and research interests.
- A CV summarizing education, positions, research profile and merits, pedagogical qualifications, and other qualifying activities.
- A list of all scientific publications.
- A one-page statement explaining why the candidate is motivated for the position and how the position fit into the applicant’s career plan.
- Contact information for two reference persons (name, relation to candidate, e-mail, and phone number). No reference letters should be submitted.
After you have gotten this together you can now go to University of Oslo (UiO) on id.jobbnorge.no and Apply
UON 2022 Postdoctoral Research fellowship is a good opportunity and you should not miss it for any thing, thank you.