America Scholarships: Thoracic Society International Trainee Scholarships 2022
It is with great pleasure that the International Health and Membership Committees of the American Thoracic Society (ATS) are able to announce the opening of the ATS International Trainee Scholarships (ITS). The purpose of these scholarships is to give financial assistance to international trainees so that they may attend the ATS International Conference.
About American Thoracic Society
In the areas of lung disease, sleep disorders, and critical illness, the American Thoracic Society works to enhance global health through improving research, patient treatment, and public health initiatives.
The American Thoracic Society (ATS) was established in 1905 with the goal of combating tuberculosis. Since that time, the organization’s scope of work has expanded to include the treatment of asthma, COPD, sepsis , lung cancer, acute respiratory distress, as well as sleep apnea.
Thoracic Society International Trainee Scholarships 2022: Aim and Objective
• Make it possible for trainees to attend the ATS International Conference by providing financial assistance. At this conference, trainees will be exposed to the most cutting-edge clinical research and practice in the fields of pulmonary, sleep medicine and critical care.
• To provide foreign trainees from countries other than the United States and Canada and give them the chance to present their research at the annual ATS International Conference.
• Assist in the cultivation of interest, as well as the maintenance of active membership and involvement within the ATS, and urge members of their assembly to engage in active participation.
• Make it possible for overseas trainees to engage with other scientists working in their field of study by setting up these chances.
• Make it possible to participate in all of the other events that the ATS International Conference has to offer.
Hosting University/Company: American Thoracic Society
Degree level: Not specified
Scholarship coverage: Not specified
Eligible Nationality: International
Scholarship country: USA
Deadline: Not specified.
Thoracic Society International Trainee Scholarships 2022 Requirements
• The applicant is not an American or a Canadian citizen.
• The applicant has written an abstract that will be presented at the international conference, and that it has been approved.
• The work that is described in the abstract was carried out by the applicant at an establishment that was located outside of either the United States or Canada.
• The applicant is presently participating in an internship with an organization located outside of either the United States or Canada.
• Participation in the ATS International Conference and presentation of the applicant’s abstract at the International Scholars Poster Colloquium is required.
• Applicants have the option of submitting either a case report or a scholarly abstract (late-breaking abstracts will not be considered).
Visit the official website for more details.