The 523 Program
Snapchat announced today that it is launching its latest accelerator program for Black artists, which will help 25 young artists grow their careers in an affordable way through the program.
The creators who participate in the Snap program are eligible to earn up to $10K each month for 12 months.
- Type: Training
- Organisation: Snapchat
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 12, 2022
Snapchat 523 Program 2022 for Black Content Creators ($10k/month stipend)
The Black Creator Accelerator will give 25 aspiring Black creators a $10k/month stipend that allows them to pursue creative endeavors and connect with opportunities to start full-time, sustainable careers.
They will be provided with mentorship and industry knowledge to help them jumpstart their careers.
The selected applicants will be provided with hands-on training and workshops by industry experts who work on Snapchat’s various products, including Stories, Spotlight, Maps, and Discover.
These experts will teach creators how to use the different offerings to create great content and surface their profiles to grow their audience.
Snapchat, an American multimedia instant messaging service and app developed by Snap Inc. (originally Snapchat Inc.), is Snapchat.
Snapchat has changed from a photo-sharing app to now include “Stories”, which are 24 hour-long chronological content. “Discover” allows brands to show short-form, ad-supported content.
The 523 Program: Aims and Benefits
- The Black Creator Accelerator will give 25 aspiring Black creators a $10k/month stipend that allows them to pursue creative endeavors, and connect with opportunities to start full-time, sustainable careers.
- Google Pixel, Westbrook Media and UNCMMN will also collaborate with Snapchat to enhance the educational curriculum and create tailored workshops.
Requirements to Qualify for the 523 Program
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Black self-identification
- Emerging creator
- A person at the beginning stage of their content journey, who is creating, iterating and improving over time, with very little guidance.
- You are looking to be a professional creator
- History of adhering to community guidelines (on Snapchat).
- Makes positive content that is in line with Snapchat’s values (empathy and kindness, creativity).
Interview Date, Process and Venue for the 523 Program
In order to ensure an equitable selection process, all applicants will be assessed holistically by a cross functional group of Snapchat team members.
- A unique, consistent voice
- Alignment with Snapchat’s values
- A clear vision of your future career goals
How to Apply for the Snapchat 523 Program
Are you interested and qualified? Visit
Snapchat at 523.snap.com to