PLAC was established in 2009 as an independent nonpartisan non-profit-based Centre for the Development of Democracy.
Through wide-based technical support and educational opportunities PLAC works towards improving citizens’ interaction with governments and advocates for legal and policy reform.
PLAC Legislative Internship Programme
- Type: College School
- Organisation: Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 3, 2022
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre, (PLAC), a non-partisan capacity building organization that was founded in 2009 and works to enhance democracy and citizens’ participation in Nigeria.
PLAC offers broad-based technical support and training to encourage citizens to engage with government institutions.
They also advocate for legal and policy reforms to improve transparency and accountability in decision-making and policy-making.
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre, (PLAC), is running a 10-week full-time internship programme supported by the European Union (EU).
This program is for young Nigerians who want to learn about legislative practices and processes.
About Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre in Nigeria (PLAC), is an independent, non profit and non-partisan civil-society organisation working to strengthen democracy, citizens participation and engagement with Nigerian public institutions.
PLAC advocates legal and policy reforms. It promotes transparency, accountability and citizen access to government policy-making by increasing citizens’ access. It supports electoral reform and legislative advocacy.
Suggested BUT Scholarship 2023 for International Students
PLAC Legislative internship Programme: What is it?
- PLAC is a non-profit organization that promotes citizens’ involvement with government institutions. It advocates for legal and policy reforms as well as transparency and accountability in policy-making processes.
- Only stipends for transportation and lunch within Abuja will not be provided. The intern will pay for any other logistics costs.
- Potential Interns should be able and willing to live in Abuja, or pay the costs of living there during their internship. PLAC cannot provide accommodation.
Qualification Requirements to Qualify for PLAC Legislative Internship Programme
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- NYSC Completed
- Writing and speaking in English are essential skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office package packages)
- Between 18-35 years of age
Suggested Uk University of Strathclyde Scholarship 2022 From DMEM
How to Apply for the PLAC Legislative Internship Programme
Interested and qualified candidates should send a two-page Resume or CV in MS Word format, saved in their name and a 300-word “Statement of Interest” indicating the importance of their participation in the programme to: with the Title as the subject of the email.
- The Statement should be included in the body of your email, as an inline text. It should NOT be attached. Your state of origin should be included in your resume. Interns will be chosen from all the States of the Federation or the FCT.
- No consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline or in violation of the application procedure. The internship allows for equal participation.
- All Nigerians are welcome to apply.