LACC Visiting Research Fellowship 2023 or Africa Cluster Centre fellowship calls for application to interested people to embark on a three to four months fellowship program, from January 2023. Scholars interested in the major theme of ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ through multidisciplinary engagement are welcome.
this program is organized by the university of Lagos whom have been known for their massive contribution when it comes to research on any issue.
African studies are gradually going into extinction and African leaders are not really concerned about the true culture.
The major aim and reason for this movement is to bring out great scholars who will go on research on the proper way to learn the African studies. The scholarship will make the scholar a Fellow of African Cluster Centre, Lagos.
the accepted candidates will be expected to engage with the above theme through a process of re-examining basic assumptions and querying them with multidisciplinary approaches to enhance, uphold or dismiss present knowledge about Africans while demonstrating the multiple-ness in discourses about Africa.
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: University of Lagos
- Country to study: Nigeria
- Category: Fellowship
- School to study: University of Lagos
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin: Lagos Nigeria
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Open: Now Open
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
There are so many benefits attached to this fellowship program, aside the fact that you will be inducted into the organization, there are still some other things too.
Benefits of LACC Visiting Research Fellowship 2023
- The selected people will be given an economy class flight ticket back home
- You will also be funded on monthly basis to cover up living expenses in Lagos
- You will be on free feeding and accommodation in the university with a shared facility
- the offices are shared, same with the library
- you will also been on travel insurance within Nigeria
- At the end of the program, you will be part of LACC Research Fellowship
- You will be sent out of the country to conduct the research
Requirement for LACC Visiting Research Fellowship 2023
for you to be qualified for this great opportunity, you have to meet up with some certain requirement which is very important, see the list below
- By the time of the application, you should be a PhD holder
- you must be someone who is very active in research and academics
- Must have conducted some research as part of your PhD project
- upon completion of the research all applicants are expected to return to their respective houses
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
the Accepted awardees will be expected to have a lecture at the MAA Program which is linked to LACC and you will share the output of collaboration in the Lagos–ACC’s PI/Fellow Lecture series. You will also be willing to participate in a joint research grant proposal and collaborate with one Lagos-ACC researcher in publishing in a peer-reviewed journal, as a contribution to our Knowledge Lab.
How To Apply For LACC Visiting Research Fellowship
For you to be accepted, below are the documents you should submit, and remember, all application should be in English.
- Research Proposal
- work plan
- complete Cv
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement from a Lagos-ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you
To officially start, you click on Apply