Through generous support from the family and Flinders Living, the Hayley Fehring Rural scholarships were established. The scholarship will give rural students financial help for the first time.
Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organisation: Flinders University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
The University Hall Rural Scholarship for Continuing Students was founded by Flinders Living. The award is open to students who are still living in University Hall.
About Flinders University
In Adelaide, South Australia, there is a public university called Flinders University. It was established in 1966 and is called in honor of the explorer and surveyor of the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century, Matthew Flinders.
A member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and a thriving university, Flinders is ranked 36th globally and in the top 10 in Australia among institutions founded less than 50 years ago.
Aim and Benefits of Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships
Subject to the availability of funds there will be one annual scholarship valued at $1,000 which will be credited to the recipient’s Accommodation Fee account at Flinders Living.
Suggested University of Waikato PhD Scholarships New Zealand 2022-2023 Fully funded
Requirements for Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships Qualification
- be permanent residents of rural Australia: and
- normally reside outside of the Adelaide metropolitan area and the metropolitan areas of other major Australian cities (as defined by the Australian Bureau of Statistics Local Council areas); and
- have previously lived in University Hall for a period not less than one semester; and
- be residing at University Hall for the duration of the academic year in which the award is made; and
- be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate course of study at Flinders University; and
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Suggested 2022 University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship – How To Apply
Interview date, Process and Venue for Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need and academic merit. Selection will be made in accordance with procedures approved by the Director, Academic and Student Services.
How to Apply for the Hayley Fehring Rural Scholarships
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.
The following documentation will be required as part of the application process:
- Applicants who are in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment will need to demonstrate evidence of this. This can be done by uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are currently in receipts of government means tested benefits.
- Applicants who are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment as described above will need to complete the Financial Hardship Form which is downloadable below.