International students who meet the requirements may now apply for the 2022 Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships to study for a PhD in New Zealand.
The scholarship offers a fully-funded opportunity to enroll at one of New Zealand’s top colleges, covering all tuition fees and living expenses.
Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships Details:
New Zealand in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to offer a PhD scholarship for students from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships Requirements:
To be considered for the scholarship, you must satisfy the following:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.
Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship will the full costs of your study in terms of tuition fees and sufficient annual living stipends.
Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships Required Documents
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Academic transcripts, grading scale and certificate of completion
- One Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
- You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.
How To Apply for the Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships
To apply, submit your application via the Education New Zealand online application portal using the button below.
Click Here To Apply