Flinders University:College of Science and Engineering Research Awards.
Application is open for the 2022 College of Science and Engineering Research Awards to Australia postgraduate students.
The purpose of this scholarship is to enable a suitably qualified graduate to carry out research, under the supervision of a member of staff appointed by the College, a program of study in the College of Science and Engineering leading to a research.See similar scholarship opportunity here and apply For.
Description College of Science and Engineering Research Awards.
The College of Science and Engineering each year offers a small number of research awards to applicants for postgraduate research scholarships, who do not obtain an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship or Flinders University Research Scholarship.
The College of Science and Engineering Research Awards are tenable at Flinders University for up to three years for a Doctorate by research, or up to two years for a Masters degree, subject to satisfactory progress. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree may be deducted from the maximum period of tenure.
This award will only be available to applicants who will commence or are continuing a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Benefits of College of Science and Engineering Research Awards
- The scholarship pays an indexed stipend of $28,854.00 p.a. tax free at 2022 rate
- Also, recipients who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, or hold Australian Permanent Residency status will be provided a Research Training Program Fee Offset which covers tuition fees for up to four years.
- International students are not eligible for a Research Training Program Fee Offset.
- Information regarding tuition fees for international students is available in the Conditions of Award document below
Eligibility for College of Science and Engineering Research Awards
To be eligible for consideration for the award of a College of Science and Engineering Research Award at flinders university
- Must be an Australian citizen, or a New
- Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident at the closing date of applications; or be an international student who has completed an honours degree or equivalent qualification at an Australian University no more than two years prior to the application closing date.
- Must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement and have an appropriate first class Honours degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Must be currently admitted, or be eligible for admission, to a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research in the College of Science and Engineering; and intend to enrol as full-time students (part-time awards are available in certain, limited circumstances).
A College of Science and Engineering Research Award will not normally be awarded to an applicant who:
- is in receipt of an award which directly
- duplicates the purpose of the College of Science and Engineering Research Award;
- is on paid study leave;
- holds a fractional academic appointment;
- is seeking the award to undertake a second higher degree at the same level of a previously awarded degree.
Selection process for College of Science and Engineering Research Awards.
Selection of award holders will be undertaken by the Scholarships Committee on the basis of academic merit and research potential.
Applications will be ranked according to the.
Summary of 2022 College of Science and Engineering Research Awards
Scholarship Name: College of Science and Engineering Research Awards (CSERA) Mid-Year Round
Awarding institution:Flinders University College of Science and Engineering Research Awards
Opening date: 01-06-2022
Closing date: 09-08-2022
Scholarship duration:Payment term
Level of Study: Higher Degrees Research
Selection basis: Academic merit
Method of Application for College of Science and Engineering Research Awards.
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date.click here and apply.
Please read the how to apply page and ensure all of your personal details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be assessed using this information.
When accessing the Student System, please navigate to the ‘My Scholarships’ tab. Select ‘Create New Scholarship Application’ button and then choose ‘College of Science and Engineering Award.