What is the advantages and Disadvantages of IJMB?
In this post we are going to detail the advantages of IJMB and also the disadvantages of IJMB, after all there is nothing that has advantages with no disadvantages. Earlier, we discuss IJMB and JUPEB which one is better, we also answered the question of which is better and also cheaper between the A’level program in Nigeria.
IJMB Before JAMB
For landing on this space, there is a chance you are intending to write JAMB, or want to advise someone who wants to write JAMB or considering applying for the IJMB application form at the IJMB portal here at IJMB Website.
Well, welcome to IAR (IJMB Alevel Registration) it is the accredited organization to enlighten people especially Nigerians on an alternative way to gain admission without JAMB in Nigeria.
We are here to tell you why you need to register for IJMB first before registering for JAMB. The advantages and disadvantages of having Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) privileges before gaining admission at all even if is later through JAMB.
There are many advantages of having an IJMB experience which is more like campus on its own before gaining admission into Nigerian Universities.
Advantages Of IJMB
- You Learn Under More Friendly Environment: When we say environment we mean right from IJMB centres management to the lecturers and the coordinators of each center:You will have one on one of telling your lecturers your weakness, your fear on the subject and they can even create a personal time to lecture.You can’t find this anywhere in the university. It is the fact. In 100 level, most students do not see seat to sit during lectures as a result of student to space ratio. It is very competitive.
- You Have Campus Live Experience Before University. IJMB is created in such a way that different background of people from different parts of the country come together in an IJMB centre to sleep in the same hostel, room and to come in the term to accept others and to learn.
- IJMB Gives More Chances Of Gaining Admission. With IJMB, you can decide to use it to gain admission as Direct entry while also having the JAMB option same year.
- You can decide to use for Unilorin for an example, while again using JAMB to apply to the university that does not accept IJMB into 200 level E.G Unilag. With IJMB you have more chances.
- You Learn Early What Others Are Just Learning. Most of the topics that are being thought in 100 and most of 200 level are already being thought in IJMB after you register for IJMB, the syllabus for your course is one of the materials that will include where you will all that would be taught during the IJMB program.Whether you late use IJMB or JAMB to gain admission, the topics that lecturers are meant to teach you you already know them as a result of IJMB admission.
- IJMB Makes You Ahead. I have not seen anyone who wrote IJMB and later discarded during university, what I mean is I have never seen IJMB students that university management advised such students to withdraw after 100 level or 200 level as a result of low GP.
- Many students gain admission into universities thinking that is the major part, the major parts are in 100 level where students who cannot cope are advised to withdraw then they start all over again. With IJMB you are ahead of even the class.
With our points above, chances to gain admission, no time-wasting, adapting to more to university life, understanding more easily than others and without having to drop out as a result of things that might be totally your fault, IJMB is one of the JAMB alternatives that can truly give you head-on during your universities days.
Disadvantages of IJMB
Here are the disadvantages of running an IJMB Program
- IJMB is an external exam, meaning is not your lecturer that set the questions
- is quite expensive, you need to budget at least 200,000 to spend throughout the program, though you can pay it in installments.
- IJMB admission is not automatic, no exam is, meaning you will need to wait for the admission list.
- You might not gain admission in your first year, especially if your IJMB point is low
- You might be given another course if your IJMB point is low to your chosen course.
- You will still need to write post UTME just like every other Direct Entry student like OND, JUPEB, and Cambridge A’ level.
- You will need to read very well outside your lecture period. We advise dedicating 3 hours daily to studying alone.
I will advise you to register for JAMB now as registration for the 2019/2021 is on, and is closing soon, you can see when IJMB form is closing, even if you want to register for JAMB next year, you can divert to IJMB once you have registered for the form and pay your acceptance fee if the JAMB result is not impressive, so you do not lose in two ways.
With IJMB Program you can gain admission into 90% of Nigerian universities and you can study any course while you start from 200 level. IJMB is 9 to 10-month duration. The exam is usually in May every year.
You can call for more information only these numbers: 08105087367 or 08111357171. Our email is [email protected]
How To Register For IJMB
The steps in registering for the IJMB program are as follows:
Print out the form at https://ijmb.com.ng/ijmb-registration/
Proceed to pay the fee for the form which is #8,500 to the account number below.
Account Name: IJMB ALEVEL REGISTRATION
Account Number: 0163836217
Bank Name: Guaranty Trust Bank (GTbank)
When you are done with the payment, fill the form you printed out with capital letters.
Attach your passport to the space created for it on the form.
Return back to the nearest cyber cafe to you and scan the form you have already filled, and also scan the copy of the teller you were issued at the bank.
6. Send all the scanned data to [email protected]
- Within 24 hours, a reply will be sent to you via the email you used to send the scanned data to us, the email will include other few details you need to know as an IJMB student.
The total fees you will be paying through your IJMB program with us in any of our centres is #168,000 till you write your final examination which is always due by February every year.
Note that you should always visit ijmb.com.ng if you are confused about how IJMB works and as well so that you would not be deceived by fraudsters who are looking for every glaring opportunity to take away your hard-earned money. You can as well check out how to know a real and fake IJMB website HERE