AINET fellowships are awarded annually to an international early-career group of high calibre early-educated scientists.
Awards winners have also received an invitation to attend Postgraduate Networking Travel on Artificial Intelligence (PostDoc-NeT-AI), which offers two-step networking opportunities to meet leading German researchers face-to-face.
DAAD AI Network Fellows and Alumni also offer access to German AI research and bring together bright scientists from different regions around the globe.
Organisation: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Course to study: Not specified
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
DAAD AInet Fellowship Overview
A group of excellent worldwide early career researchers in the field of artificial intelligence receives the DAAD AInet Fellowship twice a year.
The Postdoctoral Networking Tour in Artificial Intelligence (Postdoc-NeT-AI), a two-step networking program that gives participants the chance to interact face-to-face with top researchers in Germany, will be made available to awardees.
The program’s goal is to spark collaborations and open up new opportunities for research and careers.
Additionally, recipients are part of the DAAD AInet Fellows & Alumni Network, which connects outstanding researchers from around the world and provides long-term access to German AI research.
German Academic Exchange Service information (DAAD)
DAAD AInet Fellowship
365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) are represented by the private, federally supported and state-sponsored, self-governing DAAD scholarship in Germany (2003a).
However, the DAAD does offer competitive, merit-based funds for use in support of study and/or research in Germany at any of the approved German higher education institutions.
Aim and Benefits of DAAD AInet Fellowship
- Get a comprehensive overview of the German AI research landscape and career options:
- Learn about AI research and funding opportunities in Germany directly from the experts at the AInet Open Days (open to all applicants),
- get to know the strong and broad German AI research system and the various career paths it offers through the selected institutions at the Virtual Networking Week,
- get individual advice and exclusive access to funding opportunities by the DAAD.
- Get in touch directly with leading researchers from your field to discuss opportunities for collaborations and employment:
- Seize the unique chance of one-on-one meetings with top-researchers from the host institutions to initiate continuing relations,
- visit the institutions and Germany in person with DAAD’s one-week travel stipend,
- benefit from the connections within the growing DAAD AInet Partner Network.
- Create long-term ties with other fellows and the German AI research community:
- Stay connected to the DAAD and former fellows through the DAAD AInet Fellows & Alumni Network,
- join one of the DAAD AInet Working Groups to be connected among each other and with research and networking opportunities according to your specific interests.
- Not been affiliated with a German institution during the last two years.
Requirements for DAAD AInet Fellowship Qualification
Candidates are expected to have:
- a very strong scientific track record evidenced by relevant publications and/or academic accomplishments;
- obtained a PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago – candidates for a PhD/doctorate should be in their final year before their defense;
- experience (or at least demonstrated interest) in the host institutions’ areas of research;
- not been affiliated with a German institution during the last two years.
How to Apply For The DAAD AInet Fellowship
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on postdocnet-ai.limesurvey.net to apply.