The Deadline to apply for the Entrepreneurial Fellowship Program at the Chicago Biomedical Group is 2nd September 2022.
This program provides professional development to junior scientists who are keen to learn how to transfer research projects from an academic laboratory to a commercialized startup or even into an innovative biotechnology company in Chicago.
The programme brings together Fellows with broad experience across the CBC Institution, and links trainees to Chicago’s biomedical community.
The program helps identify and encourage professionals’ development young life science researchers who want to acquire the necessary skills and experience to help translate their research from a lab at a university to commercialization, and eventually into an established biotech company in Chicago.
The program allows Fellows to a variety of practical experiences at CBC institutions and helps connect trainees with the Chicago biomedical research community.
CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows Award Program
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organisation: Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC)
- Study in a country of your choice
- Studying at school to be a student
- Study course not mentioned
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 2, 2022
Aim and Benefits of CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows Award Program
- Highly competitive pay and fringe benefits
- The funds are available to cover transportation related to the program’s responsibilities.
- The office space is made available and shared with other EFs.
- The appointment is for 12 months however they are renewable for another 12 months through an agreement between the parties
- A bird’s-eye glimpse of the pipeline for biomedical applications in the early stages of development.
- A vast network of mentors and peers in the bio-entrepreneurship industry
The CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows will gain an established network
- Working in conjunction with and working alongside CBC the Executive Director as well as Associate Director for Entrepreneurship
- Working with member institutions offices for technology transfer and entrepreneurship: NU Innovation and New Ventures Office (INVO), UIC Office of the Vice in Innovation and Office of Technology Management (OTM), UChicago Polsky Center
- Working to members of The EF Advisory Board and industry mentors
- Collaboration with faculty from the university and experts from the Chicago bioentrepreneurship community.
Requirements for CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows Award Program Qualification
- Recent MS or PhD, MD PharmD/PhD, MD/PhD or those who have recently completed a first postdoc in the biomedical sciences (biology molecular biology biophysics and chemistry, chemical biology or other related areas) with a keen desire and enthusiasm to drive forward biomedical research that is innovative and transformative that originates in the lab of the university to commercial and clinical applications.
- An interest in a wide range of research that is translational, with a particular interest in the research into therapeutics and related biomarkers and diagnostics.
- Prior exposure to contemporary drug discovery/development is desirable, but a profound interest in furthering this exposure is essential.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent analytical skills are crucial.
- Focused on detail with strong organizational and interpersonal capabilities.
- Ability to work on your own and self-directed however, as a well-functioning member in an organization.
Suggested Kader Asmal 2022 Scholarship
Documents Required for Application
- A Cover Letter (no more than (2) pages) that should contain an answer to the following questions:
- Why biotech/ bio-entrepreneurship
- The reason Chicagoland
- How the EF program can benefit you in your career development
- Thesis proposal and name of the advisor to the faculty. The program encourages applicants to draw the lessons you have gained from your personal journey as well as your postgraduate career. In the event that it is appropriate, mention specific, recent advancements in the commercial biotech space that you find thrilling. Include the date of your graduation or expected graduation date , as in addition to your availability to begin Fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Names, titles , and contact information for three references. submit letters of recommendation
How to Apply for CBC Entrepreneurial Fellows Award Program
Are you interested and certified? Go to
Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC) on chicagobiomedicalconsortium.org
All documents must be compiled into an individual PDF document, in the sequence listed.
You must name the PDF file using the last initial name and last (e.g. Last_First.pdf).
The formatting of all documents must be formatted in 11-point font, separated by a single space, 0.5-inch margins.
Also, it should be the standard letter size (8.5″ x 11″). It is acceptable to embed figures.
For more details,visit CBC website