AIG 2023/24 Scholarships At Oxford University
Application is open for the 2023/24 Africa initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.
The AIG-Imoukhuede Foundation invites applications for the 7th round of the AIG Scholarships, which offers an exciting opportunity for exceptional Nigerians currently working in the Nigerian public sector to attend the University of Oxford for one year and undertake a Master’s in Public Policy degree
About Africa initiative for Governance (AIG)
The AIG Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
Since 2017, twenty-seven (27) scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world.
After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms and contribute to their nation’s development.
From 2022, the AIG Scholarships will only be open to applicants already working in the civil service. Applicants should be aged between 25 and 50, with strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities and a passion to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s civil service.See similar Scholarship opportunity here.
Eligibility Criteria for AIG Scholarship
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2022-23 AIG Scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels.
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification.
Benefits of AIG Scholarship
- Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Extensive coaching and mentoring will be offered to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- AIG beneficiaries will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford.
- AIG Scholars will embark on summer placements during which they will gain additional knowledge and experience in their areas of interest and build their global networks.
Summary of AIG 2023/24 Scholarship.
Scholarship Name: AIG Scholarship 2023/24 Scholarship.
Hosting University: Oxford University
Scholarship coverage:partial funded
Type of Scholarship: Masters Degree
Eligible Nationality: Nigerians only
Scholarship country: UK
Deadline Date : 09-09-2022.
Application Deadline for AIG Scholarship
Application Deadline for this Scholarship is 9 September 2022.
How To apply for AIG Scholarship
Interested persons should visit AIG online portal for more details.
Additional Information Regarding AIG Scholarship
Due to high volumes of applications, only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status will not be responded to.
Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be considered
Share this piece of information for others to see